Tuesday, May 15, 2007
I get to sit on a pristine throne multiple times
Damn! I finally got a leave today and LBM visited my damned digestive system. Of all the sickness existing, why would it be LBM?!? I really hate returning to the comfort room more than once just to discharge my body fluids. Just last night I had trouble sleeping because every 2 hours my stomach would turn up and I had to sit on the throne just to release these gases and all that water.

The culprit: Fruit Magic's Cold Defender (Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice and Carrot Juice). Ugh... For solutions I resorted to Diatabs (loperamide) and Oral Hydrite -- I'm becoming dehydrated. However, neither of the two helped. I would ingest Diatabs later to find out that it will be included in my next discharge. Oral Hydrite, on the other hand, did nothing but increase my discharges.

I was so afraid to go to work tomorrow if ever this digestive activity continues so I had to do something to calm down my stomach. Fortunately, my LBM died down this afternoon all because I drank a certain liquid.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
My savior: Good ol' Coca-Cola.

Just one glass and it worked like magic. Never thought that sugar-spiked, carbonated liquid could do the job. I'm trying to pull-out any kind of soft-drinks from my diet but every time LBM visits, I'll make it as an exception.

Labels:

posted by Johnjan @ 4:50 PM  
3 Comments:
  • At 5/16/2007 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I dont consider that it is wise to drink loperamide... LBM happens because we sort of ingested something bad (example Toxins, poisons or pathogens) and diarrhea is the body's defense mechanism in drainng these bad things from our system.

    Loperamide doesnt help because it hinders this process. On the otherhand, it is good that you drink hydrite (although I personally choose to drink Gatorade since it is tastier) because it brings back not just the lost fluid but also the wasted elecvtrolytes.

    Eat BRA- Banana, Rice and Apple... some people consider BRAT- the "T" for Tea... but I should say Tea should be cotraindicated since it is a diuretic and it allows you to loss more fluid through urination.

     
  • At 5/16/2007 3:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    okey lang naman mag loperamide lalo na pag emergency haha :D

    pero totoo din ung sinabi nung richmond kelangan mailabas ang dapat ilabas. haha

    teka, coke para sa LBM??

     
  • At 5/17/2007 2:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    woh... that's new. hehe. ATTENTION COCA-COLA!!! Coke in capsule forms please! Hehe. :P

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me



Now Showing

Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Tw!tt3r

L0g
Links
Powered by
BLOGGER Firefox NightCode BLOGGER pinoy fez 0%sane october