Sunday, May 07, 2006
Hooked
I was there. There in the patient's waiting area in Medical Plaza (Just behind Makati Medical). It's 7 am and the television provided for the patients was in my control. I mean, nobody else was there waiting for a check-up so I had the privilege to do some channel surfing. The TV has a cable subscription. Good. All the shows sucks. Bad. So I had to settle for something entertaining (At all costs, I avoided Discovery Channel and National Geographic. Please! It's a saturday. Info Overflow!) so I chose AXN. Good thing they were showing some old movie of some kids lost in an island. or so I thought.

Later I then realized that the movie was not just about some lost kids in an island but infact Hook. Yes, it's a peter pan story (or the lost/shocking peter pan story). I prefer to call it the "Part two" since it follows the adventures of Peter Pan in Neverland wherein Peter grows up, loses memory of Neverland, Had a wife, scores (yes, peter comes into age) and eventually had children.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

It stars Robbie Williams-- a brilliant actor but looks like hell in green tights -- as Peter pan. It also includes some random child actors, which had no other role in the movie but to scream their lungs out, jump up and down, act like wild animals and fart like crazy. Last but not the least, the movie stars the very beautiful, talented, academy award winner Julia Roberts as tinkerbell - WTF?!. The movie experience would be complete only if Julia was wearing her award winning Oscar gown as her tinkerbell costume. *sigh*

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Julia: Hi everyone! I'm tinkerbell!

As I was just getting comfortable in my seat, another patient in waiting came along, specifically a mid-thirties lady, sat beside me and watched the movie (which I know she has no idea on what the movie is about). She had some weird comment though...

Lady: Is that peter pan?!
I Thought: No, it's Robbie Williams in green tights as the green lantern.
Lady: Ooooh! Captain Hook!
I thought: Thanks for reminding me again, I thought it was the wicked witch of the west.
Lady: Oh my God they are slashing each other! Does it hurt?
I thought: Give me a knife and I'll slash you. Maybe that'll answer your question.
Lady: Peter beats Captain Hook!
I thought: Just shut up.

* I did not made this entry to bash any actors (the movie maybe cause it sucks). This is a result of me waking up at an ungodly hour on a Saturday (5:30 AM). Peaceout
posted by Johnjan @ 4:16 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 5/15/2006 8:36 AM, Blogger Rowjie said…

    This has been one of my favorite movies during my childhood days (not so long ago. LOL!)

     
  • At 5/15/2006 10:50 PM, Blogger Johnjan said…

    Sorry if I made fun of the film. hehehe I just had a bad start on a saturday. That's all.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me



Now Showing

Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Tw!tt3r

L0g
Links
Powered by
BLOGGER Firefox NightCode BLOGGER pinoy fez 0%sane october