Thursday, June 22, 2006
Min and Max
These are what I've been listening to the past few days:


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Nelly Furtado (Loose) - As Nelly Furtado realized that people did not fully buy her unique style of pop, she decided to infuse a little bit of RnB into her latest album. Nah, this one's another sugar coated album. There are some catchy cuts like 'Do it' which can be compared to Britney's 'Do Something' and 'Glow' which used a variety of electronic sounds.

Pink (I'm not Dead) - I got a copy of this album and I haven't dived into it yet except for Pink's recently released 'Who Knew' and the catchy profanity of 'Leave Me Alone (I'm Lonely)' - Cuttin' of the Phone, Leave me the F*ck Alone!. Hahaha I love it when Pink curses in her songs. It's full of Ooomph!

Cars (OST) - The main reason that I got a copy of this is because of the catchy song in the opening sequence of the movie. The moment I heard it I knew that it was Sheryl Crow singing. Half of the soundtrack is composed of musical scores (which is such a drag, I'm not into musical scores) but at least there some songs worth listening to: Sheryl Crow's Real Gone, John Mayer's Route 66 and Rascal Flatts' Life is a Highway.

Take the Lead (OST) - Pretty interesting soundtrack I got here. This one's a mixture of Hip-hop, Oldies and The hybrid Hip-Oldies. Tracks worth listening to are Black Eyed Peas Feel It, Sly and Stone's Que sera sera, Bone Thugs and Harmony's Take the Lead (Wanna Ride) and Jae Mills' I love it when you can't take that away <-- this one's so good.

Various Artists (Bossa N' Marley | Bossa N' Stones) - If you're a Bossa Nova fan or loved Sitti Navarro's style then this one's for you. I've been listening to these albums during my relaxation (typically after work) because the sounds are really soothing. Imagine the song 'Ever after' being toned down and the way it was sung was reduced to a soft whisper. Ahhh. A perfect match for unwinding at the end of a hard day's work.

Orson (Bright Idea) - Pure Genius. This band is pure genius. Although this band is new to the music scene, they have the potential to carve their own nook right beside the highly acclaimed bands. I mean I love every single song from their debut album: Bright Idea, No Tommorrow, Happiness (<-- my favorite), Already Over, Trying to Help, Look Around, The Ok song. The guitar riffs are awesome as well as the drum beats. One could rock along with these fellas. Bright Idea will do me good until Dashboard's Dusk and Summer Comes out.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
posted by Johnjan @ 2:46 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 6/22/2006 3:31 AM, Blogger Juice said…

    yeahh, ORSON rocks. I just began listening to them too :D

    Can't wait for Dashboard's Dusk and Dawn!!

     
  • At 6/22/2006 10:46 PM, Blogger Jigs said…

    Cool! Orson and Pink! Love them!!! Nelly sucks in her latest video! It's as if she sold out her originality and poetic genius!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me



Now Showing

Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Tw!tt3r

L0g
Links
Powered by
BLOGGER Firefox NightCode BLOGGER pinoy fez 0%sane october