Sunday, May 14, 2006
Hands Down
Hands Down! I just have to rant about this band, Dashboard Confessional. One hell of a good band. Great guitar work. Great acoustics. Great songs. Great vocals. Although their songs are more about break-ups, relationship problems and its aftermath, the lead singer's way of pouring out expressions in the songs got me hooked. And of course, I'm a sucker for musicians with unusual/unique vocals (i.e. Michelle Branch, Alanis Morissette, Joss Stone - Dashboard Confessional). I stumbled upon this band when they released their third album 'A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar' back in 2003 and when the song 'Vindicated' (featured in the Spiderman soundtrack) skyrocketed their popularity. Of course, I did not put much attention to that album because their hit song 'Vindicated' was not included. It was just a month ago that I got a copy of their third album (A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar) and the other albums followed. After listening to all of their albums, emotion-overflow is what I got. With Chris Carraba as the band's songwriter and lead singer, Dashboard Confessional is emo down to the bone. Some of the songs that got stuck from my head are as follows.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The Swiss Army Romance - The Places You've Come To Fear the Most - A Mark, A Mission, A Brand, A Scar

Ender Will Save Us All. A song about someone being pushed away by her partner (There's got to be something that would be worthwhile for me to give to you. We made a connection but you seem to push me far away from you) although he's willing to give everything. So he asks himself if he's really the right one for her (I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it what I need? I want to give you whatever you need. What is it you need? Is it within me? - I love this line. freakinly stuck to my head)

Bend and Break. An upbeat song. Chris Carraba (probably) poured raw emotions in this one. This song is more about mistakes - avoiding them, covering them up - just to please the other. (I'm careful not to wake you. Fearing conversation. It's better just to hold you. And keep you pacified / Try to understand, there's an old mistake that fools will make. And I'm the king of them, pushing everything that's good away)

Screaming Infidelities. Ooooh this is a good one to listen to after a bad break-up. Makes you want to drown yourself in booze and listen to more sad, sappy songs ( Well as for now I'm gonna hear the saddest songs and sit alone and wonder how you're making out). As what the title suggests, it's about infidelity. Your special someone cheats on you very badly (Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities and taking its wear) <- Sing this line with me. hands in the air, wave them!

Hands Down
. hands down to this song. More about experiencing 'it' the very first time with the person you're dying to be with. ( My hopes are so high that your kiss might kill me. So won't you kill me, so I die happy. My heart is yours, to fill or burst, to break or bury, or wear as jewelry Whichever you prefer). The acoustic version of this song rocks!

Other songs worth noting are: Ghost of a Good Thing, Age Six Racer, Rapid Hope Loss, Best Deceptions, Several Ways to Die Trying, Saints and Sailors, The Sharp Hint of New Tears, As Lovers Go, and Remember to Breathe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Dashboard's fourth album is nearing its release date. wooo! Can't wait for Dusk and Summer.

"Don't blink, everyone's watching. They'll think you're up to something. They need for you to be everything that they cannot." - Morning Calls, Dashboard Confessional.
posted by Johnjan @ 8:34 AM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me



Now Showing

Previous Post
Archives
Shoutbox

Tw!tt3r

L0g
Links
Powered by
BLOGGER Firefox NightCode BLOGGER pinoy fez 0%sane october